Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Center Step Card




Hello my friends!  Sorry I've been MIA for a while.  The Queen has had to take some personal time to take care of a few things.  I just finished this card today.  I believe it's called a Center Step Card.  I'm trying to find the video for it but I can't remember exact name of the card. I will try to find it and add it to the post.  The paper came from a paper pack I found at Bennion Crafts which opened on the 2nd of April.  It takes less than 5 minutes to get there!  Boy am I in trouble!   The sentiments came from the  Cardz TV stamp set "Think Spring."  The pearls are from Michaels.  The flowers in the middle are from a K & Company pack that I found on clearance this morning at Michaels.  I ran the green cardstock through the Cuttlebug using the Birds & Swirls folder.
                   
On another bit of news, my 9 year old daughter was sent a letter by the National American Miss Pageant for an open call.  Last Friday we went to the meeting.  We were asked to bring a photo of her.  We filled out an application, then listened to the information about the pageant.  My daughter was interviewed.  They told everyone that they would go through the applications and we should hear back from them in about 3-5 days by phone if our child is selected.  If not, we would receive a letter stating why they weren't selected at this time.  Last night, the phone rang and I looked at the caller ID and hesitated because I wasn't sure if it was a solicitor.  I picked up the phone and it was the Pageant!  They told me they selected my daughter to compete in the National American  Miss Utah Pageant!!!!  If she places in the top 10, she will be able to go to Nationals in California!  We are so excited!

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to hear from you!

Lots of Hugs,
Laura
(The Queen)

2 comments:

  1. Love your card Laura! The paper is beautiful and the sentiment is absolutly perfect!!! OMGosh Congrats to your daughter! That is so awesome Laura!! I hope that you will keep us filled in on this new journey that your DD and your family is about to embarq on. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful Laura, the paper is just gorgous. Wish I had that store here in NY. Congrats to you daughter. I'm sure you are all so excited. Hope she makes the finals.

    Anne :)
    http://createacardbyanne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my Card Castle. Your comments are greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment and a way to contact you. Please come back real soon!