Thursday, August 9, 2012

Friends Forever


Hello my friends!  I know I haven't been on here much lately, I've been shopping for school clothes and supplies.  You know we just had to buy the latest Skecher Ballerina tennis shoes.  School clothes wouldn't be complete with out them.  LOL  Needless to say my daughter has more clothes and more shoes than I do! My daughter starts school on the 22nd.  It seems like this summer has just flown by!

Anyway, here is a really quick card I made.  And by simple,  I mean super simple.  The card base is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.  The tan Bazzil cardstock is 4 x 5 1/4.  I ran it through the Cuttlebug using a larger polka dot folder.  The next layers are actually stickers from Bo Bunny.  I found them at one of my favorite local craft stores, Bennion Crafts.  The sentiment I actually put foam tape on the back so it would stand out.  I know from the picture you probably can't tell.  I added pearls from my stash.  I had found these cute little flowers with the pearls already on them.  And there you have it.  I hope you all are staying cool and crafty.  Thanks for stopping by and I would really love to hear from you.  It really makes my day.

Lots of Hugs,
Laura
(The Queen)

3 comments:

  1. Your card sure is pretty.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card certainly doesn't look simple Laura! Love, the papers you used, so pretty and those stickers-well I would have never thought they were stickers! Love that cute umbrella and the sentiment is just awesome. Our schools start on the 28th here and yes, summer just flew by!! Where did it go and why doesn't winter go by this fast?!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card may be simple, but it certainly is pretty and very elegant! I love the papers and the colour combo you used. I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that summer just flew by. My son starts school on the 27th but has been in band camp for the last 3 weeks already, so his summer vacation was over then. I also agree with Brenda - wish the winter went by faster. I'm very much a tropical girl and while everyone complains of the heat in Houston, I'm just fine and dandy with it :)
    It's so much easier getting school clothes for a boy :) No going from store to store to find just that cute shirt. With my son, we go to one store and he picks what he wants and we go home. He hates shopping ... yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my Card Castle. Your comments are greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment and a way to contact you. Please come back real soon!