Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sweet Birthday Card


For our family, August and September are loaded with birthdays.  I made this card for someone's birthday this month.  I decided to make an easel card since I haven't made one in a while.  I found the patterned paper at Michaels.  It's two-sided.  The little cupcake came from Michaels and is from Recollections.  I decided to put an action wobble on the back of the cupcake.  I used the  Cardz TV Stamp set "Make A Wish" for all of the sentiments.   On the sides of the cupcake I used two balloon brads.  On the corners I used my favorite EK Success corner punch and added some bling.  For the SWEET! sentiment I placed a toothpick behind it.  I embossed the pink paper on the bottom with a Sizzix birthday set.  For the white mat, I used a Spellbinder's die.  The ink is from Memento and is called Rose Bud.

Well I hope you all are having a wonderful week!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  I would love to hear from you.

Lots of Hugs,
Laura
(The Queen)

6 comments:

  1. awesome card Laura!! love that background paper - great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card! Love your little sign on the toothpick--too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, this card is so "sweet"! Pun intended!! lol I love that cupcake and love those cute little balloon brads. You have added just the right amount of bling, gotta have the bling! lol I am loving that paper too my friend. Beautiful easel card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute card
    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, this card looks "sweet" enough to eat :) I love the papers and all the little details you added that makes it so special and easel cards are always so fun. Yup, you definately have a winner here! Great job, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi this is my first time visiting your blog. My Mom (Lena's Creations) passed me on to your sight. What a cute card! :) I love the cupcake, it's just too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my Card Castle. Your comments are greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment and a way to contact you. Please come back real soon!