Thursday, May 24, 2012

"Say I Do" Cardz TV Design Team Challenge 9





Welcome to the "Say I Do" Cardz TV Design Team Challenge!  Mary over at Cardz TV gave us a challenge to create a card or other project for a wedding or engagement.  The sentiment came from the Cardz TV Stamp set "Greater Love."  The font used on this set is gorgeous.
                       
This card is an altered Gate Fold card.  I found some beautiful double sided patterned paper at Bennion Crafts.  You can see part of the other side on the outer corners.  For the wedding cake and the cake stand,  I used the Sweet Treats cartridge.  I cut out the cake at 2 3/4 inches using the blackout feature.  I cut it out 3 times and glued them together so it will be sturdy.  I ran the top layer through the Cuttlebug using the Swirls folder.  For the cake holder I cut it out at 1 1/2 inches and on shift.  The flowers came from Michaels as well as all of the flat back pearls.  For the flourishes I used an EK Success punch.  The little flowers that are on the bottom of the cake came from Michaels, and I found them in the wedding aisle.

I hope you like this card.  I really like how it turned out.  Don't forget to stop by the other ladies on our Design Team and see what wonderful creations they have created for this Challenge.  Mary over at Cardz TV  is giving away a set of Cardz TV Stamps winner's choice!  All you have to do is create a card or project and enter it into Mr. Linky on her blog.  Easy peasy right?  You have until Midnight EST Sunday May 27.  She will announce the winner on Monday May 28.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I would really love to hear from you.  I hope you stop back on Saturday because I will have another project.

Lots of Hugs,
Laura
(The Queen)

5 comments:

  1. So Beautiful and Elegant. Love the unique fold of your card and the colors you used.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Laura! Your card is stunning and so elegant!! I am really like this style of gate fold, so different and unusal. You did a fabulous job with your cake, I love all the attention to detail in this card my friend. I may have to lift this card from ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card,

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunningly beautiful card! You really did an amazing job! I love everything about it - the papers, the colours, the beautiful details and ofcourse the whole design. I "bookmark" it because I definately feel a scraplift coming along :)
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my Card Castle. Your comments are greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment and a way to contact you. Please come back real soon!