Saturday, April 20, 2013

"Cute As A Button!" CTVS Challenge #28 Project # 2



Hello my crafty friends!  If you are looking for my first "Cute As A Button!" project CLICK HERE  My SIL is currently in the hospital because she had to have her heart operated on this last Wednesday.  We have all been praying for her. She is out of the SICU and in a regular room.  Great news!  I decided to make a card for her.  I'm not sure what kind of card this is.  I've had these directions for a while but hadn't used them.
            
The "I'm praying for you" and "Wishing you a speedy recovery!" sentiments are from the Cardz TV Stamps set "Heartfelt Wishes."  The "God bless you!" sentiment is from the "Encouraging Thoughts."  The papers are from a 6 x 6 paper stack from American Crafts called My Girl.  I used a 3 inch scallop punch for the large scallop, a 2 1/4 circle punch for the patterned paper, and a 2 inch scallop punch for the sentiment mat.  I used my favorite EK Success corner punch on the outside.   For the white mat on the inside flap, I used a Sizzix folder.  On the inner flap, I used an EK Success punch called Chines Knots.  I used a flower punch from my stash to make the flower and a button from my stash.

I hope you've started a project to enter into our challenge!  Hope you are having a great weekend where you are.  Thanks for stopping by and I would really love to hear from you!

Lots of Hugs,
Laura
(The Queen)

5 comments:

  1. What a neat card! Love the way it opens, and your papers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh Laura, this is a really cool card! I love the way it opens and I love how you decorated it! I am glad to hear that your SIL is doing well after her surgery. We just got news that a family member of ours is going to have open heart surgery so I need to make a card for him. I will keep your SIL in my prayers my friend. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty...love the colours and patterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH!I love the design of this card!Love the cheerful colors and pattern paper as well..
    awesome card and she will love it!My prayers go out to your SIL!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the papers you used - the cheerful colours are sure to make the recipient feel better. Love the fold of the card too! Great job on this card, my friend.
    Loads of hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my Card Castle. Your comments are greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment and a way to contact you. Please come back real soon!