Thursday, October 31, 2013

Cardz TV Go-to Galz Challenge #39 "Thankful"




Happy Friday my crafty friends!  It's time for a new Cardz TV Go-to Galz Challenge!  This challenge is called "Thankful."  We were to create a card for Thanksgiving.  When I think of Thanksgiving I think of getting together with family, delicious smells emanating from the kitchen.  Oh I can just smell Tom Turkey roasting in the oven, the smell of pumpkin pie.  Okay, enough, makes me want to cook a turkey now!

For my card I used the Cardz TV Stamps set "Thankful for you."  I masked the "We gather together" and the Count your blessings" off and stamped each word on a Decorative Label punch from Stampin' Up.  For the "Turkey Time!" I used "Thankful for you" and the "Fall Fun" set.  "So Thankful" and Happy Thanksgiving came from the "Thankful for you" set.  The papers on the long panels as well as the green patterned paper in the middle came from a Mary Engelbreit 6 x 6 paper pack I found in the $1.50 bins at Michaels.  The basket weave paper on the pop out panels is from Doodlebug.  The house, cute little hedgie, squirrel, turkey, cornucopia, and pies are from a Doodlebug sticker sheet.  I just love them!  I colored some jewels with a brown Sharpie.

What do you think?  I hope I've inspired you to join our Challenge.  Just make a card, layout, or other craft project for Thanksgiving.  You have until noon EST Thursday November 14th.  Once you're done, head on over to Mary's blog and enter your project.  Mary is giving away a set of her stamps to the winner.  I hope you check out the other ladies' blogs for more inspiration.  You won't be disappointed!

Thanks so much for stopping by, I would really love to hear from you!  If you are new to my blog, I hope you become a follower.  Have a great weekend!

Lots of Hugs,
Laura
(The Queen)

15 comments:

  1. Your card is amazing. Just so beautiful and definitely Thanksgiving festive. After reading your piece I just so wanted a turkey dinner and a piece of pumpkin pie. Love your card so much you sure are one clever, creative and talented gal. I love the way you used Mary's stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh Laura you card is amazing!!! I love love the paper you used but it is those cute stickers that really pull this wonderful card all together! Love those stickers!! Love this card! Lots of hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am absolutely in love with this-- I typically don't enjoy stickers-- but WOW you have totally changed my mind this is so amazing! Love it! Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the design of this card. Adore all the adorable details as well.
    Love pumpkin pie!!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so amazing. Stickers, huh? I never use stickers, may have to reevaluate after seeing this. Fantastic job! I think you should frame this and hang it on the wall, it's truly a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you out did yourself for this challenge. I love this!!! Deanna your DT Sister.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the design of this card! Would you be willing to share the measurments for the base of the card? I have made regular tri-shutter cards, but yours is so different! I would greatly appreciate some instructions! thanks for your beautiful work! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in awe! I keep going back for another look and find something else to wow about. All the details you added, the papers, the colours, the embellies, it's all just beautiful!!! I love it Laura.
    Hugs,
    Lena
    xxx
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura, this is beautiful!! TFS :)

    Michelle (DT sister)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  10. another amazing card fold Laura!! You put so much detail into this card - beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh Laura! This is so beautiful!!! I so love it!! Those papers are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well. Shut the front door! I'm not sure where to start! This is one awesome card with so many details, I can't even begin to count. Love it and so appropriate for this challenge. WTG!

    Mimi
    Cardztv DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much ladies! Linda, please e-mail me at queenpunki at a o l d o t c o m

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute! You are such an inspiration to me, you are so talented! I too would like to have your measurements. Would I be able to email you for them? Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laura,
    Love your card it is absolutely fantastic, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my Card Castle. Your comments are greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment and a way to contact you. Please come back real soon!