Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Mini Birthday Cake




Hello my crafty friends!  Where has the time gone?  My son will be 21 on Thursday.  It seems like only yesterday he came 9 weeks early and I almost died.   Now he is a grown man.  To me he'll always be my baby boy.  I love him so much!

Anyway, I made him a mini birthday cake using a tea light.  I found these tea lights at Michaels that change colors.  The sentiments came from the Cardz TV Stamps sets "Make a Wish," and "Going in Circles."  My friend and I have been making boxes.  So I decided to make this one to put the little "cake" in.    What do you think?

Thanks so much for stopping by, I would really love to  hear from you.  If you are new visitor to my blog, I would really love for you to be a new follower. 

Lots of Hugs,
Laura

8 comments:

  1. Sending birthday wishes to your son.TOTALLY cute and fun!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGish this is absolutely adorable!!!! I want directions to make the tea light cake please??? I love this! And Happy Birthday to your son!!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just too cute Laura!!! I love your box and I love your little cake!!! I have to make some of these!! I hear you on where does the time go!! My oldest turned 31 and my baby will be 18 in January-WHAT??? When did that happen?!!! They all were just little tikes out back playing! Sigh Great job my friend! Lots of momma hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you seen my tea light cakes on YT? Just wondering if you got the inspiration from me. Just wondering.....I have a video on how I make mine. caroldru2 on YT. This is a cute one for a guy. Mine are mostly suited for girls .. I love making them! Thanks for sharing your creation. also carolwatsonscreations.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carol,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I didn't get the inspiration from your YT channel. I will check out your video though. A friend had made one of these for her daughter so I decided to make one for my son.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday to your son!!! So sorry I'm late with my comments, but marching band has once again taken over my life for this semester. I love the surprise box you made with the little cake inside ~ what a great idea, and one, my friend, that I totally intend to scraplift. I bet your son loved it!
    Big hugs to you and best wishes to your son,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my Card Castle. Your comments are greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment and a way to contact you. Please come back real soon!